Sadly many brides have had to postpone their weddings this year due to Covid-19. We can completely understand how hard this must be to decide to do, and here at La Novia are here to help as much as we can.
While some brides may have not picked up their dress, for those who have we have the perfect tips to keep your dress fresh for when the big day arrives.
- Make sure you keep your dress hung to save it from creases. If it is folded for a long time it might not be possible to get rid of these on your wedding day.
- Keep your dress in its protective cover as this saves it from any weather damage so it will look as fresh as the day you brought it home.
- Use a padded hanger as this will allow the garment to keep its shape and reduce damage to the fabric of the dress.
- Hang the dress using the ribbons of the dress, rather than the straps of the dress itself (if the dress has straps!) as this again helps the dress keep the shape and stay secure on the hanger.
- Hang your dress in a dry and cool area to prevent any of the materials getting damaged.
- Get your dress professionally dry cleaned to make sure the dress smells and looks super fresh and perfect for the big day.
We can’t wait until all your lovely weddings happen but in the meantime stay safe.
The La Novia Team x